quinta-feira, 5 de abril de 2012

If Yves Saint Lauren is my dad, you have to meet my mom. She's one of my favorites fashion designers in the entire world and she knows how to play on the runway.








"YOU LEARN. AND FOR ME THAT'S WHAT FASHION SHOULD BE ABOUT. YOU SHOULD BE CHANGING EVERY SEASON." STELLA MCCARTNEY - INTERVIEW MAGAZINE



One thing I love about fashion is that there is still this capacity for amazing surprises. Do you feel like that about what you do?

"My biggest surprises in my everyday job have to do with the challenges of trying to be slightly more responsible as a brand. My big surprises are when I say, "That fair-trade knitwear we did last season in Peru, I want to do it again," and someone else says, "Okay, it rained for two months and that factory sat on a mountaintop and it doesn't exist anymore."



What's your response to something like that? You find another way to do it?

It's normally out of your hands. To use that exact example, we did organic fair-trade sweaters one year with that factory, and the sweaters were a big success and everyone loved them. So then we were like, "Okay, we'll do a new style next year with you guys," and something happened where they just couldn't deliver. They couldn't handle our production needs. You just have to be very agile. When you're trying to have moments of responsibility in the fashion industry, it's not as easy as just doing the same old handbag every season with the same old factory in the same old materials.

Check the interview HERE

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário